Litigation and Dispute Resolution Lawyers Sunshine Coast
Our team of dedicated litigation and dispute resolution lawyers have a wide range of experience in matters of complex commercial and civil litigation. Because of this we are able to approach your matter knowledgably, and lay out a plan from the beginning so that you have a clear idea from the outset of what will be involved.
We understand that litigation can be stressful. Our aim is to keep you up to date on the progress of your matter, explain each stage in plain terms and find a valuable resolution as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
It is important to seek legal advice early on in a dispute as alternative dispute resolution methods (ADR) may be available to you, thereby saving you time, stress and money. Litigation can be a complex process, and difficult to navigate without significant and real experience with the Court system. Our team routinely run cases from the Magistrates’ to Supreme Courts and Federal Courts.
Our solicitors are able to:
- Assist you to draft your pleadings, whether your need is to file a Claim against a Debtor or a Defence to a Claim, making sure you comply with important time limitations and all your available actions and defences are ventilated and addressed;
- Assist you with the disclosure of documents, ensuring you comply with your own obligations as well as making certain the other party discloses everything they are required to;
- Assist you to gather evidence, including expert evidence, and arrange the exchange of evidence with the other side, or their solicitors. When obtaining expert evidence, aside from the evidence itself, it is also important your expert is credible and experienced in complex litigation. Being well known within the industry; we have good relationships in place with many of the top experts in the building, environmental, and forensic accounting sectors who provide evidence and reports for Court and can recommend someone regarded highly in their field.
- Prepare for and represent you at trial including engaging an experienced barrister. Again, it is prudent to engage the services of a barrister known within the Court system and who specialises in litigation. We can recommend those we have successfully engaged time and again and with who we have good working relationships and help you to find a barrister who will give you the best chance of success;
- Obtain a Judgement in your favour;
- Lodge an appeal if there is already a Judgement against you, ensuring you comply with the necessary time frames or respond to any appeal brought against your interests;
- Apply for an Order that the other party pay your legal costs after a favourable Judgement has been obtained; and
- Apply to enforce any Court Orders against the other party.
Litigation is an inherently risky process which means it is important that you have the right legal representation from the beginning. If you would like to speak to a specialist solicitor and ensure your case is handled correctly from the start, call us on 07 5408 0655.
Here to Help
Proper experience in commercial and civil litigation is essential. Aitken Whyte Lawyers are focused on results. Our litigation and dispute resolution team will advise you on the proper course to take to protect your rights if you must litigate to recover a debt owed or if proceedings have been commenced against you.
Aitken Whyte Lawyers can assist you with all commercial and civil disputes.
Call Aitken Whyte Lawyers Sunshine Coast
on our 24/7 line 07 5408 0655
or email us
to assist you with any disputes, for expert and experienced advice to represent you at this important time. Service areas include Maroochydore, Mooloolaba, Alexandrea Headland, Buddina, Kawan Waters, Buderim, Marcoola, Coolum Beach, Peregian Beach, Sunshine Beach, Noosaville, Noosa, Nambour and Caloundra
Office Location and Contact Details
Aitken Whyte Lawyers
11/8 Pikki Street,
Maroochydore Qld 4558
Ph: +617 5408 0655
Fax: +617 3211 9311